Thursday 20 November 2014

Imperialis Basing Kit

I recently dusted off a few older metal Games Workshop models and, along with some evil henchmen from cultist parts, have started attaching them to some of the fantastic bases which GW released back in August with their Sector Imperialis gaming board. This was initially intended as a review post, but with the bases no longer available (there is one kit in France according to ebay) I thought I'd simply share some of these cool models in their fresh "Simple Green" birthday suits. I'm certainly glad I didn't try basing a whole army with this kit as it's not longer made!







You can find some of my in game photos of the full Sector Imperialis Ream of Battle here, where we found it quite difficult to roll dice on the uneven surface. As you can see from the photos, I found it equally difficult to find flat areas to pin the models without leaving gaps. I will be going over them once more to check for flash, and to add some more gravel under foot before undercoating. It has been a while since I painted non alien flesh tones, so I look forward to the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Though I find the actual realm of battle board pretty awful (it's way too busy, and as you said, the dice just bounce everywhere....) I really like this basing kit. It's basically pre-cut mechanical sections for your base work. It's a shame they aren't still producing it. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may have something to do with the new 32mm bases? I agree it is a shame they don't have any more available!

      Delete